Last Updated on
TOP TEN EVENTS OF 2018
As the end of year approaches, we took it upon ourselves to recap some of the most memorable events and scandals that SHOCKED your eyes wide open in 2018. As bail bondsmen in Connecticut, our top news story of 2018 with no doubt would be “the banning of bail bond ads by Google”; a move that effectively steps them away from being an unbiased search engine in order to make a political statement.
Accept the distraction: It’s okay to look back on 2018 before looking forward to 2019. Our home-made list of top shocking events of 2018 through the eyes of a bail bondsman.
Check our top ten shocking events of 2018 according to our Hartford bondsmen:
- In January of 2018 Dr. Nassar, the USA Gymnastics national team doctor, was sentenced to 40 to 175 years in prison. Over 156 women came forward with lengthy sexual assault accusations exposing a whole system of failures in the entire gymnastics community.
- Super Bowl LII(52), the Eagles gave the city of Philadelphia their first championship in 38 years.
- Stephen Hawking died at the age of 76 on March 14, 2018; a sad day for science.
- Team USA failed to qualify for the World Cup. After a shocking loss against Trinidad and Tobago, the United States soccer team stayed home during the 2018 World Cup.
- In 2018 the women’s movement #Metoo reached its highest level of publicity and acknowledgment by men and women of all ages.
- The Live stream of Judge Cavanaugh’s hearing had the press and public anxious for over a week. This lead up to Judge Brett Cavanaugh being sworn in during a private ceremony, becoming the nation’s 114th Supreme Court justice.
- October of 2018 came with yet another big win for our beloved Red Sox. The Boston Red Sox won their 4th world series in fifteen years. That’s right New England!
- The passing of our 41st president of the United States, George H. Bush who died on November 30, 2018.
- President Donald Trump’s former attorney Michael Cohen was sentenced to 3 years in prison for tax evasion crimes and lying to Congress, amongst other charges.
- The company Search Engine Land got de-indexed for a day by Google. The funny thing is that this company is a digital marketing agency that concentrates on writing about changes and trends on Google.
As the New Year knocks at the door we send our collective and proper farewell to 2018. We are wishing for 2019 to be filled with much peace, love, happiness, and success.
Happy New Year from your local bail bondsmen at 3-D Bail Bonds in downtown Hartford. Check our 3 tips for a fun, safe & worry-free New Year’s Eve celebration in Connecticut here. Remember we can do bail bonds in New London, Norwich, New Haven, Bridgeport, and all local jails and correction centers.